INTRODUCTION TO E-COMMERCE
E-commerce is the any commerce which is carried on internet it includes activities like selling and purchasing goods and services online. Electronic commerce, commonly known as e-commerce, is a type of industry where buying and selling of product or service is conducted over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks. Electronic commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems. Up to some extent e-commerce is conducted virtually for example when you buy content on internet for example when you buy online music, movies games and software. But most e-commerce consists of physical delivery of goods. Customer can use credit card debit card to buy items. The purchase of good over internet carried out via secure protocol known as HTTPS (hypertext transfer protocol secured).
MAIN ACTIVITES OF E-COMMERCE
- Buying and selling of goods and services
- Physical delivery of goods
- Generation of financial statement
- We have to build the online presence
- We should provide mechanism for payment
- We should provide security in payment process
- How will you get you good to your customer
- You should maintain your website regularly
- There are lots of legal issues you have to face
TYPES OF E-COMMERCE
BUSINESS –TO-BUSINESS MODEL
In B2B model business is between two companies. Most B2B applications are in the areas of supplier management, distribution management, and channel management.
BUSINESS –TO-CUSTOMER MODEL
This commerce takes place between companies and consumer. Online shopping is the best example of this model.
BUSINESS –TO-GOVERNMENT MODEL
This type of commerce is carried out between government and company.
CONSUMER –TO –CONSUMER
This type of commerce involves the commerce between two consumers. Auctions facilitated at a portal, such as eBay.
- Document automation in supply chain and logistics
- Domestic and international Payment systems
- Enterprise content management
- Group buying
- Automated online assistants
- Instant messaging
- Online shopping and order tracking
- Online banking
- Online office suites
- Shopping cart software
- Electronic tickets
M-commerce is business conducted using mobile phone or PDA. The phrase mobile commerce was originally coined in 1997 to mean “the delivery of electronic commerce capabilities directly into the consumer’s hand, anywhere, via wireless technology.
- Mobile Money Transfer
- Mobile ATM
- Mobile ticketing
- Mobile vouchers, coupons and loyalty cards
- Content purchase and delivery
- Location-based services
- Information services
- Mobile banking
- Mobile brokerage
- Mobile browsing
- Mobile purchase
- In-application mobile phone payments
- Mobile marketing and advertising
ADVANTAGES OF E-COMMERCE
- It gives customer more choices and customized options by trying orders.
- It decreases the time and cost of search we don’t need to go to market you can get anything from your home.
- It expands the market places local to global
DISADVANTAGES OF E-COMMERCE
- The implementation cost is very high initially you need to establish the infrastructure.
- Electronic commerce require highly structured protocols, previously established arrangements
- Insufficient security and inadequate search facilities are the most common problem in e-commerce.
Limited accessibility in today’s electronic transaction the consumer cannot communicate with vendor. For more reading about technology news in singapore and seo to online marketing do view more about other pages.